Friday 18 April 2014

Webinar On Executive Functions

I was very excited that our group picked the Webinar on Executive Functions because learning more about Executive Functions is actually one of my professional goals. I am attending a conference San Francisco in May and will be spending a whole day learning about Executive Functions! The webinar was very interesting and I really liked the way the apps were geared towards the various areas of executive functioning; Thinking, Deciding  and Acting are what executive functioning is all about and children with problems with Executive Functioning have difficulties in these 3 areas. I actually use a lot of these apps but. I mostly use them with students who have autism but now I am exciting about using them with other students.
 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Janice,
    That is so exciting you get to go to San Francisco to learn about Executive Functions. This is a great professional development experience! I agree, so many of the apps we are learning about in this course can be applied to teaching an amplitude of students, not just students with diverse needs. All students benefit from educators acknowledging and understanding how they learn best. I don't consider myself having special needs but would have benefited from being taught in a manner differing from "rote learning".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice! I have to ask - are you going to the Special Education Conference from May 7th - 9th? If so, I am going too! I am so looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am Dawn. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete